Mighty Oak Development Slate press release
Apr 25, 2014 - Releases |Press
MIGHTY OAK ENTERTAINMENT UNVEILS DEVELOPMENT SLATE
New Projects Come on Heels of Renewals and Distribution for Existing Series
Los Angeles, CA — April 25, 2014 – Mighty Oak Entertainment, the independent production company known for its widely syndicated clip-show hits “Whacked Out Sports” and “Whacked Out Videos,” has announced a new lineup of projects in development. Spanning a range of topics, the five series feature all-new content, while embracing that jaw-dropping clip-show format for which Mighty Oak Entertainment has become known.
Today’s announcement—made by Mark OBrien, Mighty Oak Entertainment founder and a 20-year Warner Bros. alum—marks the company’s continued commitment to build on its library, which already features more than 500 wholly-owned sports and comedy episodes that have been distributed globally with particular success among teen and young adult males.
New Mighty Oak Entertainment projects include:
• Goofball Sports – This next evolution of dynamic clip-show comedy will feature an all-new dose of crazy sports spills and bloopers in stunning HD and add to it an interactive component that will allow viewers to participate through apps and a dedicated website.
• Athlete Interrupted – For every athlete that soars to championship glory, there are thousands of would-be superstars that crash and burn due to drug addiction and abuse. This compelling series documents the epic rise and fall of athletes as viewers witness their last chance at redemption.
• My Viral Video – Fast-paced and fun, this series celebrates the stories behind the web’s funniest, craziest and most popular viral videos. Whether it’s a bruised ego or a broken tail bone, host Conor Knighton logs countless miles to deliver the clips that make us laugh and cringe… usually all at once.
• Bad Day at Work – We’ve all had terrible, horrible, no good and very bad days at work. But you ain’t seen nothing yet when regular employees get themselves entangled with strange and bizarre pratfalls at the office as they face some of the most publicly embarrassing moments of their entire life!
• Workout Freaks – Just ask these super-workout geeks and they will tell you: muscle pain is good pain. This series profiles some of the world’s most intense bodybuilders in their pursuit of the bulging biceps and ripped, six-pack abs that drop jaws and send “girly” men running home to mommy.
Announcement of the new development slate comes as Mighty Oak Entertainment sees continued success from its flagship franchises, “Whacked Out Sports” and “Whacked Out Videos,” for which Trifecta Entertainment handles the US domestic distribution. Now in its eighth year of syndication, “Whacked Out Sports” remains a valuable lead in and lead out of sports programming in more than 120 markets including the FOX O&O’s.
Additionally, Mighty Oak Entertainment recently sold 52 episodes of “Monster Knockout” and 52 episodes of “Sports Crash” to MAVTV, and these series continue to do well with teen and young adult male audiences.
“In capturing the elusive, but lucrative young adult male audience, content is—and always has been—king, and that’s why these concepts work so well,” said Mighty Oak Entertainment President Mark OBrien. “We take those extra steps to secure all rights to our clips, so their distribution is turn-key across different media. That increases the value of our library exponentially.”
Until now, Mighty Oak Entertainment has limited the distribution of its library to a combination of broadcast, cable and syndication. As part of its expansion, the company will now open up the library and explore digital partnerships to grow its TV brands into the online arena.
About Mighty Oak Entertainment
Mighty Oak Entertainment is an independent production and distribution company with the world’s largest wholly-owned sports and comedy clip show library. Boasting 50,000 clips, Mighty Oak Entertainment has amassed more than 500 episodes of its franchised sports-comedy properties “Whacked Out Sports” and “Whacked Out Videos,” two series that have captivated and entertained audiences globally. The company’s programming has aired on Spike TV, NBC Sports, G4, WGN America and other networks around the world, and has been syndicated throughout the US, including extensive distribution across the NBC owned and operated as well as FOX stations. Founded by Warner Bros. alum Mark OBrien in 2005, Mighty Oak Entertainment has multiple young male skewing programs in development and is exploring digital partnerships to capitalize on its library. For more info, visit: www.mightyoakentertainment.com.
# # #
Kristien Brada-Thompson, Priority PR